Friday, November 16, 2012

Reflection

I loved the book Speak. When i read it the first time, I couldn't put it down. It has taught me a lot. Melinda was too scared to talk about what had happened that summer. She lost friends, and became completely silent. It really shows that if someone hurts you, you need to have the courage to tell someone. You can't keep it bottled up inside. It only hurts you more. This main message in this book, i think, is to just speak up. Tell someone. It helps. It could go with a lot of other different things also, such as bullying, or abuse. Reading this book just helps you understand what someone is going through. Don't judge someone when you don't know anything about them, or what has happened to them.

1 comment:

  1. Katie, my name is Brelyn Searcy and I go to the University of South Alabama. I really enjoyed reading your post. I am so glad that you found the true meaning of the book. Speaking up is extremely important. Even if you are not the one it happened to but you know who it happened to, if it is hurting them or causing them to withdrawal from everyone around them like it did Melinda in the book, you should say something to someone who may could the hurting person. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete